Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Interesting Vision Of A Mixed Reality World Courtesy Of MS (YouTube)

Johnny Holland is a pretty cool and very well-written online design magazine. They were the first (that I saw) to pick up on this new vision of a mixed reality courtesy of Microsoft.



I spent a good bit of time last year looking into virtual worlds and thinking about their future. I had a lot of help, of course, from some of the brightest people I know, but, in the end, I came away less convinced that we are about to insert ourselves into the Metaverse than we are headed towards a mixed reality future.

In this vision, lightweight, transparent and mobile devices allow the user to project "overlays" onto the real world in real time. The net effect is a sort of heads-up display that will allow us to optimize our attention. This MS video gives an idea of how this might impact the way we do ordinary activities in a mixed reality world.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: