Saturday, March 29, 2008

Interesting Resource: Keesing's World News Archive (Liveblogging ISA)

I stopped by the Keesing's booth at ISA yesterday and was fascinated by the potential of their service. I was not familiar with it previously but it seems to be pretty well represented here. Apparently they have been authenticating and summarizing news since 1931. They offer their service, which includes current news summaries and their archive, to institutions at what appeared to me, at least, to be a reasonable price.

I have just glanced at the website and am already impressed with the free timeline service (you can see an example here). I have also signed up for a free trial (only offered here at the conference, apparently) and will post a note about it later. Has anyone out there had any previous experience with the service?

No comments: