"The most telling result of the research is the clear implication that intelligence analysis is conceptually driven as opposed to data driven. What is critical is not just the data collected, but also what is added to those data in interpreting them via conceptual models in the analyst's store of knowledge."
- Is a technologist
- Is either a specialist or a generalist but not both
- Is an "information entrepreneur"
- Is comfortable with changing roles
- Can communicate (oral and written)
- Is a detective
- Is imaginative
- Is self-starting
- Has a profession (Intelligence analysis)